front porch photography

front porch photography
952-873-2339

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My first update of several for today....

Meet my grandparents...
I would like to thank all of you who have kept them in your prayers this month. It has been a tough month for them. My grandfather was in Rochester early this month for surgical repair of an aortic aneurysm...it took a few trips there and lots of prayers, but the surgery is over, it was successful, and he in doing wonderful! About a week and a half after his surgery, my grandmother had her right hip replaced. She is an amazing woman, and is also doing very well. In fact, exactly one week after her surgery, she was standing in her kitchen making potato salad, and various other things for a large family reunion that was held in their hometown this past weekend.
There are not enough words to express how much I value these people. I was lucky enough to spend most of my childhood with them, I have very special memories, and the impact that they have had on my life (and continue to have), cannot be measured and will last forever.
They are celebrating their 60th anniversary this August and will be taking an Alaskan cruise...which will be much more fun, now that they are both healthy!!

The photos above were taken during a trip to DC with my grandparents this past spring. It was so much fun!
This photo was taken at Thanksgiving last year...aren't they a great looking couple?!

These last two photos my friend Connie took while we were with them boating for the day a couple of days before grandpa's surgery...
Thanks Connie!


Gram and Gramps...Congrats to both of you on 60 years! You have been amazing role models.
I love you and look forward to many more wonderful memories with you!
Toni

No comments: